Tuesday 28 March 2017

Sass and Belle Easter Decorations

With just a couple of weeks to go until Easter, I've actively started shopping for new decorations for the occasion.

I'm not religious- in fact I'm about the furthest thing from it, even though I was raised catholic and went to a catholic primary school- but I do love Easter, and I want to start making a bigger deal out of it at home. We already give each other Easter eggs, have an Easter meal together, and usually have Spring flowers like daffodils and tulips filling the house, but I want to decorate the house with lots more lovely decorations, do more Easter baking, and even do some crafting this year, too.

Basically, I want to do Easter like Steel Magnolias.

Just maybe without the bleeding armadillo groom's cake. 

And the bad hair.

I've already picked up a few decorations from Sass and Belle this month, after stumbling up on their Easter range, and I thought you guys might like to see them.



I couldn't resist picking up the Spring Bunny Happy Easter plaque, which was on sale for just £1.50, down from £4. It's a lovely cream-painted wooden plaque, with a cut out of bunnies and flowers, a green wire handle decorated with wooden flowers and leaves, and 'Happy Easter' painted across it in a modern pink font. I think it's such a sweet decoration, and the quality is really good for the price.

The Easter Bunny Family Pastel Hanging Decoration (£4) follows a similar style to the Spring Bunny plaque, being a painted wooden plaque with bunnies cut out of wood to sit on top and a wire loop, but this one features a family of bunnies each with a pastel bow decorating their little necks. The main body of the plaque is painted with pretty pastel tulips and flowers, which I found too cute to resist, and underneath hang single pastel letters fixed in to the word by wire, spelling out the word 'Easter'. It even has a twine bow embellished with a wooden flower and beads to hang it from. It's ridiculously cute, and is going to look adorable hanging by a vase full of yellow daffodils.



My favourite of the three decorations I bought has to be the Shabby Chic Easter Bunny Heart Hanging Decoration, which I got for the bargain price of £1, down from £2. It's a cute double-sided painted metal heart with the same design on each side: two white bunnies that look like they're fist-bumping, yellow flowers, and a little heart design in the centre of another heart, with scalloped edging. It's very twee, but in a good way; I personally think it's adorable. I only wish I'd bought a couple more.

I also bought a pack of Decoris pastel-coloured paper bunny bunting from a Dobbies garden centre last weekend, which you can see in the photos, although I can't find a stockist for it online.

I'm sure that these won't be the last of the Easter decorations I pick up this year, but I like to think my search for new Easter decs is off to a good start.

Do you decorate your home for Easter?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig